2.02.2009

Keegan's First Night Home

It was a little frustrating.

At about 10 pm, we kind of hit the wall in regards to getting Keegan to breastfeed. He would latch on and then fall asleep almost immediately. He became extremely fussy in about an hour and my wife almost caved and gave him a bottle. I suggested giving the lactation nurse at the hospital a call. Luckily, my wife knew someone who had a breastpump and let her borrow it a few weeks ago. The nurse suggested that she pump and give him the milk (or whatever the stuff is before the milk...I forget the name) in a bottle.

Thankfully, it worked.

After getting him back on track as far as feeding goes, he's doing a lot better now. He's drinking milk out of a bottle. When we go tomorrow to see the pediatrician, we might stop off and talk to the lactation nurse. He's gotta eventually start getting the boob, although pumping and using bottles isn't that bad.

I'm slowly getting the hang of being a father, but last night threw me for a loop. I had dreams of my kid screaming for hours on end. I guess most of the first few months is just trying to learn how to read their signals and how to quickly get them to sleep and/or be quiet...I mean, ahem, content.

Today I spent a good majority of the day geotagging nearly all of my photos in iPhoto '09. To look at all the places I've been on a map is pretty cool. I'm also slowly learning how to use my Canon Digital Rebel XT. I took a ton of photos in the past few days since Keegan's arrival and I realized that I wasn't doing something right. The more I use it, the better I get at it.

Well, I've had way too much coffee and too little sleep. That's how I get when I'm on vacation. I don't ever want to sleep because I want to enjoy the time off as much as possible. But I think tonight I'm going to attempt to get some more sleep than I have been in the past few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment