9.19.2008

Salmon Fly Honey Rye

Salmon Fly Honey Rye is another fine Montana beer from Belgrade. Brewed with the spiciness of rye and a hint of Montana honey, it's a flavorful, light beer. I can't help but notice the resemblance to Big Sky's Summer Honey. They are both very good beers, but I think this one wins. Lately I've noticed something different with Summer Honey. It doesn't quite taste the same way as I remember it from '07. Something tastes different about it to me. The other thing is, this is a beer produced year-round instead of a seasonal like Summer Honey. I look forward to their other 3 beers. I've shied away from them after trying one at the Wine Festival last year and haven't tried it since seeing it on tap at Rhinos. I think the reason it didn't taste that great was because it wasn't quite chilled.

Great artwork on the label, too:

No comments:

Post a Comment