5.31.2004

Some Real News

Well, first of all, I've really taken steps to update this site. So far it's coming along great. I have the design down pat, and now I'm just reorganizing the files. I'm trying to concentrate more on being less self-indulgent and more about real issues. In the past I just used this as a soapbox to speak my mind and flex my attitude. I'm still as fiesty as ever, but I'm going to tone it down. Anyway, I think this new layout is a thousand times easier than trying to use Dreamweaver to manually design the site. It was just a hassle and every time I had to update the news after each month was over, it was just a linking nightmare trying to figure out where everything went. It's looking much better now and I am going to try to maintain an online presence.

The reason that I wasn't updating a lot in the past few months was because of a couple things. Mostly because I was going to college in the evening twice a week for sociology and economics. Both of them were good classes, but I just lost interest about halfway through. I was excited and eager to learn, then it just faded. Luckily, I think I passed both the classes. I think another thing is the lack of really any concern for what your grade was. The teachers didn't do much to keep us informed of what our raw grade was at any given moment. It was my first taste of college and I learned a lot of things that will hopefully help me next semester. I'm going to keep up with my grades and actually try to do well. The other reason I wasn't updating is because I got addicted to the online multiplayer game Halo for the Mac. I've managed to pull myself away from it for now, because I'm pretty bored of it, but it is definitely a fun game.

Gadgets: well, I decided to buy a 20G iPod. I can honestly say that this is one of the coolest gadgets ever made. Not only can I put up to 5,000 songs on it, I have a program that syncs with my iPod to update it with my calendar, my address book, any text files I choose, top news stories, the local weather and the 5-day forecast, stocks that I choose, movies and times of the theaters in my area, all the bookmarks in my browser, and customized directions to anywhere in the United States. It was definitely worth the money I spent on it. It's now something that is with me all the time.



I went with some friends to go see Henry Rollins at 4th and B here in San Diego, my first time seeing his spoken word live, although I've been listening to it for years. I was really amazed at how much I think he has progressed since his stuff in the late 80's. It was good then, and it's even better now. Right now, he is doing a tour for the troops in Iraq and he is supposed to be doing a radio show with an independent station in Los Angeles on Monday nights starting June 7th. More details can be found at HenryRollins.com.



I'm going to go see the Reverend Horton Heat on July 4th at the Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach. This is only a couple days after their new CD comes out, and it's July 4th, so I know that this is going to be a Rev show not to miss. I've got tickets in the mail, so now I have to figure out who is going with me. Anyone that knows anything about Reverend Horton Heat knows that the "Rev" (lead singer and guitarist) can play guitar about as good as anyone I've ever seen. Here is a link to 4 videos that the Rev did for Guitar.com. I also hang out in the forums for the Rev on the Yep Roc site.

Plenty more things are going on, but I am getting tired. I will be posting on here more often, now that I have finally got this part of it tweaked.

No comments:

Post a Comment