12.21.2003

Salam Pax

Part of the reason that I wanted to start a Blog was to be able to post from remote locations, like work or if I was on vacation, but I don't think that's necessary. I got this idea last night from the story of Salam Pax. Salam Pax is perhaps the most famous Blogger yet to hit the Internet. His blog was watched internationally during the war with Iraq, as he was an "ordinary Iraqi" posting from Baghdad. I'm surprised he did this, because if the regime would have found out, he would have been killed. He still posts on there, and the reason that I'm putting this on my site is because I found his book at Barnes and Noble last night and started reading it. I first read about him from the William Gibson blog while I was in the Persian Gulf during the war, and it interested me immediately, as this was fast becoming an Internet phenomenon. I read the introduction last night, and I'm anxious to get into the rest of it. For now, I'm still reading Kiss Me Judas by Will Christopher Baer, but I will be getting to Salam's book soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment