1.10.2006

Macworld 2006

For this year's Macworld, I wasn't highly impressed with the software offerings. Yeah, I'll probably pick up iLife sooner or later, if only for the faster iPhoto and improved features. I don't really use GarageBand. Since we got a video camera for Christmas, we'll be using iMovie more often. But mostly I use iPhoto. A lot. Some new features and a speed boost will help.

But the big mamma jamma for me was the new iMac announcement. I've had my eye on one since my friend bought one last year and let me play around with it. I've got a G5 PowerMac 1.6 and it does fine, but I've got my eyes on the iMac. I like the idea of Front Row and the built in iSight, as well as the power boost. Not to mention the big Apple widescreen monitor instead of my crappy 3rd party monitor that goes well with my G5, but is small and boxy, rather than widescreen. Fortunately, money is an issue right now. Besides, I want the kinks to be ironed out before I spend that kind of money. I'm sure it would work fine regardless, but I would still wait.

Other than the iPhoto update and the new iMac, the rest doesn't concern me. I do really like the ad they posted, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment