7.31.2005

Lucky Guy

Mike Matas (the designer of Delicious Monster and the Life Poster) has recently moved on to bigger and better things: Apple.

While I don't know the guy personally, I think at the age of 18 to be working for Apple he's going to go places. A quick look around the Delicious Monster website reveals this:

As an 18 year old, most people expect me to go to college, but instead I am starting a software company. I think there is more to learn from real world experiences than from a lesson in school.

I can't agree more with this statement. While college may be a great place to get a piece of paper that says you know something, it sure as hell can be expensive, boring, and very uninspiring. Ironically, according to what I learned in Business 101, this kid already has the makings of an entrepreneur because of his against-the-grain spirit.

While I never had much personal use for Delicious Monster, I can definitely see where some people would. Besides that, the software interface is intuitive and easy to use and his website designs are top-notch. Apparently his icons and graphics are what Apple has hired him for.

Some people would kill to have the opportunity that he has at such a young age. Lucky bastid.

No comments:

Post a Comment