6.08.2005

Rave: Nyko Universal iPod Car Mount

This Nyko iPod car mount is by far the coolest thing I've seen for a (mostly) universal solution to the iPod car mount issue. Looking it up for this post, I found it at Wal-Mart for $16.72. A pretty decent price for what it is.

The only problem I have found is:

1. The mount covers my main AC vent. Duh, it's a vent mount. People were complaining about this on iPodlounge, but what the hell, it is what it is. My other options were using a semi-permanent sticker/velcro mount, permanent screw mounts, and some goofy cupholder mount. All of which look like shit or damage your interior.

2. I wish it was more of a dock mount. By that, I mean that I wish I didn't have to plug in the Belkin auto charger into the bottom of it every time I put it in the mount. I wish I could just plug in the iPod and go.

Other than that, it's a near perfect product. When you put the iPod in, you push it back on this felt pad, then click the two side-arms together to hold it in place. Then you plug the jack in the bottom or top, whichever suits your needs. To release it, just click the button on top, and it sort of ejects the iPod forward for easy removal. Great product.

Here's some photos that I tried to post to iPodlounge forums, but it wouldn't let me.









Might I also recommend the Belkin iPod auto charger?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:47 PM

    Thank-you so much for this review! After many hours of researching the perfect car mount, my search is over.

    ReplyDelete