12.12.2004

Screw Hotmail

Because I unabashedly hate Microsoft and pretty much anything dealing with Microsoft, I advocate that all people of intelligence get on the bandwagon and go with Gmail. I've hated Hotmail for as long as I can remember, and it's come to the point now that I'm actually going to consider finally dumping the Hotmail address I've had for so long and only use my Gmail account. It's got huge storage, it now offers POP3 support, and my spam goes straight to the trash. And it's one less substandard Microsoft product that I have to deal with. As soon as I get all my bills changed over to the new email address, I'll be changing my MSN Messenger account over. Never fear, I don't use the actual messenger (I use AdiumX), I only use the account because most people I talk to have that for their chat client. I'm just waiting for Google to release a good chat client.

Anyone who wants a Gmail invite, email me. It's still in Beta testing, so the only way to get one is by invite. Most people who want one already have one, but for great email, go with Gmail.

No comments:

Post a Comment