7.14.2004

Neighbor Voyeurism

Not my neighbor...someone else's. Some girl code-named Codebleu who lives in San Diego has made a website (complete with good photos when available) primarily devoted to keeping a watch on her rather eccentric neighbor, Kay.

This is the description:
Welcome to my daily blog and gallery about my crazy neighbor, Kay. I recommend that you start at the INTRO and read the posts up to the present for maximum enjoyment. I know it's a pain, but the story really is better this way.

This is a funny post, but you have to see the photos to believe it:
At lunch, Francesco told me that earlier this morning he'd heard some scuffling noises outside our window and observed Kay retrieving the bag of trash we'd thrown into the dumpster. She emptied out the bag, and took it home with her. We decided to leave her a little present. We finished our quarter pounder and salad and left a few tidbits in the box for her. Then, we left the box and a nearly empty coke on top of the dumpster. Sure enough, half an hour later, Francesco caught her drinking my coke and taking the box home with her (note yet another wardrobe change):...This gave us another idea, and we quickly went to work preparing a victoria's secret bag full of leftover slop. I tied a pretty balloon to it and strategically placed it in the dumpster. Not fifteen minutes passed before she came to claim her prize:

People dig through the trash bin at my apartments, but luckily it's not my neighbors, just mostly homeless people strolling the alley. I think this website is a great idea, something I always envisioned would come forth with the Internet. Fortunately, none of my neighbors seem this odd. At least nothing I can really pin down or take photos of. One of my neighbors is an old Hispanic lady who lives by herself and her house is always dark and quiet. But she's always really nice to me when I see her. My other neighbors are these two old men who I would venture a guess are gay. Two old men could not live in an apartment of this size for as long as they have without being either gay or extremely tolerant of one another. The guy directly across from me never opens his shutters and I have only seen him twice in the 10 months I've lived here. And the neighbor behind me always has a lot of friends over and they cause some drunk racket once in a while, but nothing that I probably haven't done myself. So I have no neighbors to watch and I'm glad. I will be keeping up with this website, just for something to laugh at.

[On edit: In reference to the word 'voyeurism' I was conveying the second meaning of the word, not sexual gratification from 'watching.' Here is the definition from Merriam-Webster the second meaning: a prying observer who is usually seeking the sordid or the scandalous.I would say that describes this girl's site pretty well.]

No comments:

Post a Comment