6.11.2004

Rollins on Tavis Smiley

Important update - 8.1.04: I just found a really good program that lets you copy anything that is coming out of your speakers on your computer, with zero loss. So I went to the Tavis Smiley site and copied the show again, this time in high-quality audio. If you can, please update this file, as the audio now is a million times better than before, literally.

UPDATED 8.1.04: Here is an MP3 (10:33/12.2mb) that I recorded tonight from the Tavis Smiley show on KPBS that had Henry Rollins on as a guest. He mostly talked about his recent adventure to Iraq, which was well recieved by the people there. He also noted that he is going on another USO tour to Honduras to visit the troops there doing drug ops. He said the USO lady told him that there hasn't been a USO tour there in over two years because no one wants to go down there. But Henry will. The man is on a mission.

You can now disregard the following that was referencing the old mp3 I had of it:

[A note about the audio: my microphone records fine. Except when I try to record any TV program. I've tried it numerous times with both GarageBand and QuickVoice Recorder, and they have this loud humming sound in the background. For this recording, I used GarageBand and I've managed to tweak it enough so that the loud hum is bearable, but I highly recommend that you turn down your bass when you listen to it.]

No comments:

Post a Comment