4.10.2004

Curb Your Enthusiasm

In my last Entertainment Roundup, I neglected to mention one of my favorite "intelligent-humor" shows, Curb Your Enthusiasm. I say intelligent humor because I think it's one of those shows that stands above all the mediocre, dumbed down entertainment. It's good to finally see something for the rest of us. It's smart, it's edgy, and it's funny as hell. Those are the three ingredients of the best kind of humor. I'm quite positive that there are those who would sit there and be completely dumbfounded as to why it's funny, but trust me, it's genius.

Larry David plays himself in this comedy that airs weekly on HBO. Larry David was a stand up comic who went on to write for the Seinfeld show, every episode. George, played by Jason Alexander on Seinfeld, is actually loosely based on Larry David. It's easy when comparing CYE and Seinfeld where the similarities exist between them.

Right now the Season 1 is on DVD and Season 2 is coming out on June 15th. If you like Seinfeld or just plain funny humor, buy this DVD. Season 1 has ten episodes, all of them outrageously hilarious except for a couple episodes that just didn't hit, but that's expected with every comedy, even the best. Buy this DVD, you will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment