12.27.2003

Quoted by the Silvermen

The bassist for the band the Silvermen contacted me about how I talked about them in my September 2003 update and wants to use what I said as a quote to promote their band and new album at their site. You can preview/buy their new album, Incendiary Luminary, at IncendiaryLuminary.com. As I explained in that update, I thought their opening show for the Reverend Horton Heat rawked. I ended up buying their CD at the end of the night and it made a worthwhile addition to my growing rockabilly collection. It's been my soundtrack to those two weeks I spent in Missouri after coming back from deployment and what I call the "Missouri experience." Their music is something that I found memorable, something that when I hear it I can recall a specific time or place. Not all music is like that. Only the lasting music is like that. There is some music in my collection that is just fodder. Other music defines a portion of my life and when I think of that time I can recall that music and vice versa. I think that's something for a musician to be proud of and the Silvermen fit that bill. Without trying to sound like a grandiose music critic, I love their music. Their live show is teeming with energy. I've never seen an opening band with as much enthusiasm as the Silvermen. When a new band goes on stage, I'm thinking, impress me. Do something that will make me notice. And, they did. Highly recommended.



This is big news for me. For the first time since this site has been up, someone has contacted me about my site that I didn't know personally. Which means I'm at least on the Internet radar somewhere. It also means that someone else is reading this stuff, so I better make it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment